Welcome to our Notice Board

Items of interest to Ordnance Field Park members, and Vietnam Veterans in general, will be posted here. If you have any item/s for our Notice Board please
contact us with the details.

Bob Nash (WebMaster)
_________________________________________________________

07 June 2009

Request for assistance with book on Personnel who lost their lives in Vietnam

By way of introduction my name is Barry Hampson.

Recently I started researching each of the 521 Australian Service personnel (as recorded on the Australian War Memorial Honour Roll) as having lost their lives in the Vietnam War, in the hope of one day of producing a book documenting and honouring their lives and service in Vietnam, to try and ensure that generations will remember them.

I am writing to you in the hope that may be able to assist me, by possible advertising on your website and pass my details to your members via the old boy network about what I am doing and that I would like to interview anyone who served with any of the 521 Australia’s who lost their lives in the conflict.

To give you a bit of my background, when I initially joining the Army in 1980, most of my all my Corporals, Sergeants, etc were Vietnam veterans and also my father is a Vietnam veteran; as such I hold those who have served in Vietnam with the utmost respect.

I am happy to discuss my research and my plans for the possible book with you at anytime, my mobile number is 0424 750 943. If you are happy to talk to me please email me ( bazz662@bigpond.com ) back and I will ring you.

You can contact Rod White, of the 3RAR Association in NSW, rdw1788@gmail.com tel: 02 94408960 or 0419477179; 40 Gilroy Road Turramurra Sydney NSW 2074 – to confirm who I am and my research, if necessary.

Thanking you in advance, hope to hear from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Barry

website: http://www.barryhampson.com/

No comments: